You might wonder how we came up with such a weird topic. The truth is, we didn’t come up with this idea at all. See for example this Reddit post or this Yahoo Answers page, and you can see that tea names for cats and dogs are pretty populair.
If you are a tea lover and happens to have a pet, it is just natural to give your pet a tea related name. We have gathered people’s opinions on this topic from different forums, sites and added our own ideas. We hope you enjoy this fun list and find a suitable tea name for your pet!
- Purr’Er: this one is simply our favorite. The cat owner certainly showed his/her love of Pu’er!
- Earl Grey: male, grey color, of course.
- Lady Grey: female, grey color, of course.
- Pekoe: great name for orange cats!
- Meowfeng: a lovely wordplay, would be a cute name for a kitten.
- Da hong paw: it is the perfect name for a red-hair cat or dog.
- Matcha: a fun word to pronounce over and over.
- Yixing: it sounds cute, and it’s at the perfect level of obscurity. Meaning that non-tea people won’t get it, but common enough that all tea people will get it.
- Camillia/Camellia: an elegant name for female pets.
- Ya Shi/Duck Shit: someone suggested, “Ya Shi when they are being good, but when they scratch your furniture, it’s Duck Shit all the way.”
- Chai: it is one of the most popular tea related pet names. This spiced tea drink is perfect for the pets who seems to have a bit of extra “zing” to them.
- Iron goddess: sounds like a proud pet!
- Keemun: A black tea name for black cats and dogs!
- Yunnan tea regions for pu erh lovers: Yiwu. Menghai. Bulang. Jinggu. Nannuo. Naka. Bingdao. Xikong. Bangdong. Fengqing. All the names are Pu’er mountains and regions in Yunnan, China.
- Great pet names if you’re a herbal tea lover: Chamomile, Yerba, Tisane.
- Love a certain brand? Perhaps use them as a name: Twinings, Lipton etc.
If you are looking for a distinct name for your pet, hope this list has given you some inspiration!