Sweet Tea Recipe Ideas
With warmer days ahead of us, it natural to start thinking about sweet tea. Golden sunlight, hot hazy days and sitting in the shade with a tall glass of the stuff. No coats or heavy clothing – just sunning yourself like a cat- with tea to cool you off.
Here we’re going to talk about some recipes you could cool off to.
Southern Iced Tea
Enjoying iced tea doesn’t have to be complicated. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious taste, absolutely go for the Southern Iced Tea: a sweet black tea with several slices of fresh lemon.
Not only is the taste simple, it’s also
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 10 cups water
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Afterwards, add the tea bags and boil for 60 seconds. Then remove the heat, cover the sauce pan and let it steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Add sugar and stir until it’s fully dissolved. Pour the content into container, and add 7 cups cold water. Serve with a generous amount of ice.
- Optional: top it off with some mint leaves.
Dulce de Leche Sweet Tea
To take a spin on this sweet tea, you can make something not only cold and sweet – but rich. I’m talking about the “Dulce de Leche Sweet tea”.
- 1 family-size tea bag
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; add tea bag. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bag. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring tea mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 more minutes or until mixture turns amber brown and reduces to a honey-like consistency. Gradually add cream, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. (Mixture will be very thin.) Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Cover and chill 24 hours. (After chilling, mixture will have the consistency of heavy cream.)
Summer Peach Tea Punch
and finally you can go a little peachy keen with Governors Mansion Summer Peach Tea Punch. With tea, mint, club soda AND peaches – this refreshing drink may just save one of those too hot days ahead of us
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves $
- 1 (33.8-oz.) bottle peach nectar
- 1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed$
- 1/2 cup Simple Sugar Syrup ( a syrup made of just sugar and water)
- 1 (1-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled $
- 1 (1-liter) bottle club soda, chilled
- Garnish: fresh peach wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and mint leaves. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gal. container; add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and Simple Sugar Syrup. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Pour chilled tea mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
With all these recipes, you are sure to be able to not only beat the heat, but be smiling while you do it. And don’t be afraid to experiment with different teas and fruits to make that perfect refreshing drink you need. You never know what amazing things you can be drinking.