Summer is the best season to enjoy the freshness of green tea with the flavor of sweet and bitter grapefruit. And the good news is, everyone can do it. Here’s what you’ll need for two glasses of grapefruit iced green tea:
- 10 g of green tea
- 1 grapefruit (250 g)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Boil 600 ml hot water and let it cool down for 2 minutes. Steep the green tea with hot water for 15 minutes, discard the leaves and let the tea to cool down.
- Wash and cut 2/3 of the grapefruit. Then remove the peel and keep the flesh.
- Put the green tea, the grapefruit flesh, white sugar and honey into the blender. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Put the mixed grapefruit tea into the ice tray and freeze for more than 4 hours.
- Cut 3 thin slices off the the remaining 1/3 of the grapefruit, and peel the rest of it for the flesh.
- Crush the frozen grapefruit tea ice cubes with a suitable blender. Put the grapefruit slices in a glass, pour the crushed ice into the the glass until it’s half full. Add in the remaining flesh in the glass, then fill the rest of the glass with the crushed ice.
- Enjoy this zingy and fresh drink, and don’t get a brain freeze!